Workplace Surveillance Policy Template
Does your workplace use CCTV surveillance technology? The Workplace Surveillance Policy ensures that a transparent environment exists within the company and all employees are aware and notified of their rights. The Workplace Surveillance Policy Template provides a comprehensive and fully functioning workplace surveillance policy for your employees to understand how surveillance is being used.
This Workplace Surveillance Policy Template includes:
- A general overview including scope, application and purpose of the policy
- What is surveillance
- Nature of surveillance
- Organisation policies and procedures
Why does my business need a Workplace Surveillance Policy?
Workplace surveillance is legal, provided that it complies with relevant legislation. There is currently only legislation regarding workplace surveillance in New South Wales whereas other states must comply with the state’s relevant privacy laws.
Workplace surveillance can come in many forms such as:
- CCTV cameras
- GPS tracking
- monitoring computer usage
- devices which measure biometrics (eg. fingerprinting)
- monitoring mobile phone use
- Cooperative Intelligent Transport Systems (C-TIS)
Surveillance can be overt or covert. Overt surveillance refers to surveillance that is not hidden – for example, CCTV cameras set up in an office space or warehouse. This is legal provided employees are notified about it and given notice of the surveillance. Covert surveillance is hidden surveillance and is only legal under certain circumstances with a permit. Therefore, if there is a reason for your organisation to use surveillance or GPS services, you must ensure that your employees are notified and aware of the nature of the surveillance taking place.
Workplace surveillance has benefits for employers such as:
- Maintaining the safety and security of property and personnel
- To provide evidence that the employer has a safe system of work in place
- To provide potential evidence in any investigations for misconduct criminal activity
- Ensuring that drivers are not operating heavy vehicles or machinery when inexperienced or fatigue, preventing adverse consequences
- Monitoring operational efforts and developing more efficient performance techniques
- employee performance management
This Workplace Surveillance Policy sets out the scope and nature of surveillance procedures which you can present to your employee at the commencement of employment.
We recommend that you purchase a Workplace Surveillance Policy Template if you want to use surveillance methods or devices at your business. It is important that you are aware of your abilities and rights as an employer to use surveillance devices in your workplace and that you are complying with relevant Privacy laws.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: While you are purchasing a very comprehensive Australian template, it is important to understand that the purchasing of this template is not considered legal advice. If you require legal advice and support utilising this template, or if you have other questions, you can book a free 15 minute consultation with a team member from our associated law firm Legal Kitz. BOOK NOW
- Business Document Templates
- Employment Document Templates
- Business Policies and Procedures Templates
- Template Bundles
- Australian Contract Agreement Templates: Streamlined Legal Documents and Agreements
- Business Forms and Documents
How it works
Search and purchase your legal document template. Every document comes with a full money back guarantee.
Receive your editable word document template instantly to your email address. Complete and follow our easy-to-use instructions.
Money back guarantee
Not satisfied with our legal document templates or believe you made the wrong purchase?
We will provide you with a full money back guarantee.