A WHS Policy is an essential set of regulations and procedures that guide your employees on how they should conduct themselves while performing their duties to protect themselves and their co-workers from injury and harm and to remain compliant with relevant legislation. Each Australian state prescribes its own legislated workplace health and safety framework which business and business owners will need to comply with and demonstrate via their WHS Policy. This WHS Policy comes with a Hazard Incident Report Form for employees and contractors, so you can effectively document incidents that may occur at your business. These report forms can be useful for insurance purposes or in a legal dispute.
This WHS Policy template provides comprehensive and fully functioning guidelines and procedures for your employees to understand the expectations around their behaviour towards workplace health and safety.
This WHS Policy Template includes:
- Overview, scope, policy administrations, objective and compliance with the Law
- Management responsibilities
- Worker responsibilities
- Organisation Policies and Procedures
This policy also includes the following additional documentation:
- Hazard Incident Report Form for Employees
- Hazard Incident Report Form for Contractors
Other key policies can be found under the Business Policies category.
Why does your business need a Workplace Health and Safety Policy?
The consequences for not complying with the applicable legislation can be serious, for example in Queensland a corporate organisation which fails to comply with a ‘health and safety duty or electrical safety duty’ can be fined up to $500,000.
In addition to ensuring that your business complies with its legal obligations, having a whs policy is also beneficial to the day-to-day operations of your business in the following ways:
- clearly defines the roles and responsibilities of the employer and employees in maintaining a safe workplace;
- serves as evidence that your business is taking health and safety serious, which eases the concerns of both employees and potential clients;
- increases efficiency as the pre-existing policy template can be filled out quickly and easily in the event of a workplace health and safety issue or event.
Lastly, a whs policy can also be crucial to defending your business in the event a claim is made against you (or your company) for failing to comply with workplace health and safety obligations, in the event an employee, contractor or visitor is injured. The whs policy can be used to demonstrate that your business took reasonable steps to mitigate risk and prevent the incident from occurring. We suggest you purchase Business Kitz Workplace Health and Safety Policy to aid in compliance with your obligations.
How it works
Search and purchase your legal document template. Every documents comes with a full money back guarantee.
Receive your editable word document template instantly to your email address. Complete and follow our easy-to-use instructions.
Money back guarantee
Not satisfied with our legal document templates or believe you made the wrong purchase?
We will provide you with a full money back guarantee.