The Use of Company Vehicle Policy and Procedure template includes:
- A general overview including scope, application and purpose of the policy
- Approved use
- Driver requirements and responsibilities
- Required record keeping
- Installation of cameras and tracking device
- Company vehicle running costs
- Care, maintenance and servicing
- Safe driving tips
- Traffic fines and infringement notices
- Accidents, theft and insurance
- Company vehicle replacement (Accident repair or mechanical
- Staff leave and long distance personal travel
- Private use
- Termination of company vehicle use
- Personal information
- Organisation policies and procedures
Additional documents include:
- Company Vehicle Acknowledgement and Request Form
- Company Vehicle Damage and Accident Report
Why does my business need a Use of Company Vehicle Policy and Procedure?
The Use of Company Vehicle Policy allows businesses to provide guidelines to employees who use company vehicles for work purposes to outline the responsibilities of the driver, the costs of the vehicle and the liabilities covered by the business.
An employee may use a company vehicle for activities such as to travel to and from work events, deliver certain services, products or materials, pick up clients, visit contractors or attend conferences, to list a few examples.
The Use of Company Vehicle Policy and Procedure template provides guidelines for procedures to take if an accident happens on the roads while the employee is driving a company vehicle and how commonly occurring situations are to be handled that. The policy also outlines which liabilities the business will cover, and which liabilities are excluded.
This Policy also includes a Company Vehicle Acknowledgement and Request Form and a Company Vehicle Damage and Accident Report to record the details of the employees who the vehicles are loaned out to, and the vehicles themselves.
If your business loans vehicles to employees for work related activities, you will need a Use of Vehicle Policy and Procedure template document so that you can implement this policy in your business. This will assist in upholding safety standards, communicating clearly the responsibilities of employees, and the liabilities covered and excluded by the business with regards to driving company vehicles.
How it works
Search and purchase your legal document template. Every documents comes with a full money back guarantee.
Receive your editable word document template instantly to your email address. Complete and follow our easy-to-use instructions.
Money back guarantee
Not satisfied with our legal document templates or believe you made the wrong purchase?
We will provide you with a full money back guarantee.