- Welcome Letter (optional) to greet the Subcontractor
- Details Schedule (includes a section to define organisation and subcontractor relationship, obligations, agreed services etc)
- Principal agreement
- Relationship of the parties
- Standard of work
- Fees and payment
- Restraint of trade
- Protection of the Organisation’s business
- Statutory obligations, insurances and registration
- Intellectual property
- Delivery upon termination
- Entire agreement
- Definitions and interpretation
- Execution page
Why does your business need a Subcontractor Agreement Template?
As a contractor, you and your business would understand the importance of clearly defining a contractor relationship as opposed to an employment relationship. A contractor arrangement differs from an employment relationship as there are different rights afforded to employees that are not provided to contractors.
Contractors typically engage subcontractors when they require the services of an individual that possesses specialised skills or knowledge that they do not possess to complete a specific task.
If you are working as a contractor and are looking to engage a subcontractor, you should utilise a Subcontractor Agreement Template.
The Subcontractor Agreement Template makes reference to the principal agreement you should have in place with the business you are contracting to as an independent contractor and allows you to have your subcontractor agree to these terms. It also sets out other rights and responsibilities of your business and the subcontractor.
It is crucial that you put in place an agreement that binds your subcontractors to the principal agreement with the business you are contracting to, to attempt to avoid any dispute over whether a subcontractor is covered by the principal agreement. Not only will this aid in protecting the principal business, it will also aid to protect you and your business should a dispute arise in relation to you engaging a subcontractor.
A Subcontractor Agreement Template can be used in several circumstances, including but not limited to:
- construction workers
- writing and drafting copy for a business (i.e. freelancers)
- photography and videography
- web development
- marketing campaigns
- Business Document Templates
- Employment Document Templates
- Business Policies and Procedures Templates
- Template Bundles
- Australian Contract Agreement Templates: Streamlined Legal Documents and Agreements
- Business Forms and Documents
How it works
Search and purchase your legal document template. Every document comes with a full money back guarantee.
Receive your editable word document template instantly to your email address. Complete and follow our easy-to-use instructions.
Money back guarantee
Not satisfied with our legal document templates or believe you made the wrong purchase?
We will provide you with a full money back guarantee.