- Comprehensive guidance notes giving an overview of Australia’s privacy laws
- Introduction to the policy
- Collection of information
- Storage of information
- Internet users
- How we deal with unsolicited information
- Use and disclosure of personal information
- Protection of information
- Sale of the business
- Accessing your personal information
- Contact us about your privacy
- Changes to the policy
Collection of data and personal information
Data collection is an integral part of business systems and processes. Many businesses rely on the collection of data to advertise and sell their products or services.
- Decrease the risk of legal dispute because of improper use of personal or identifying information.
- Disclose how your business collects and stores information to employees and customers.
- Provide customers and employees with a clear complaints process.
- Notify customers and employees of their rights and what they are agreeing.
What is ‘personal information’?
Personal information is considered as any information which can be used to identify or profile an individual or is otherwise considered private by individual or other organisations and businesses. For example, Individual identifying information can include a person’s name, age, or address and personal information collected from an organisation can include data such as financial and internal business process documents.
Digital businesses in particular rely on the collection and distribution of personal information to further their business objectives as their primary customer base is online. Personal or identifying data in this case can also include information such as an individual’s personal search history, likes and dislikes based on their online profile, social connections, and other information.
How it works
Search and purchase your legal document template. Every documents comes with a full money back guarantee.
Receive your editable word document template instantly to your email address. Complete and follow our easy-to-use instructions.
Money back guarantee
Not satisfied with our legal document templates or believe you made the wrong purchase?
We will provide you with a full money back guarantee.