The Business Kitz Casual Employment Agreement Template governs the employment of casual employees. Each Business Kitz resource contains comprehensive guidance notes as well as helpful suggestions to assist you with populating the document.
You can view an extensive list of the topics covered by this Agreement in the full description below.
The Business Kitz Casual Employment Agreement Template covers the following areas:
- Welcome letter (optional) to greet the employee
- Details Schedule (includes a section to define the employer and employee relationship, key responsibilities and required qualifications etc)
- Interpretation and definitions
- Parties to the Agreement
- Employment title and Duties
- Amendment of Duties
- Employee warranties
- Work and general standards
- Dress requirements and uniforms
- Services and interests while employed
- Policies and procedures
- Work hours
- Meal breaks
- Remuneration review
- Work expenses
- Public holidays
- Annual leave
- Personal/carer’s leave
- Long service leave
- Parental Leave
- Compassionate leave
- Tools and equipment
- Employee performance
- Technological change
- Confidential information
- Intellectual property
- Termination of employment
- Resignation/termination of the Employee
- Employee obligations upon termination
- Restraint of trade
- Jury service
- Variation clause
- Execution page
Why does my business need a Casual Employment Agreement?
If your business engages employees with no on-going expectation of work or set hours per week, your employees may be classified as casual employees.
Under the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth), if the employer makes no firm advancement to the employee that the work will be continuous and to a regular pattern, and the employee accepts the work on this basis, then the employee will be under a casual award rate. This casual award rate differs for each industry so it is best to get the most up to date information for your specific industry on the Fair Work website.
When engaging casual employees, the key considerations to include in your employment agreement are the National Employment Standards for casual workers. The National Employment Standards list the minimum standards of employment and employee engagement such as being able to take the day off on a public holiday.
On 27 March 2021, amendments were made to employment legislation that changed the definition of casual workers. Due to these changes, a casual employee must now be offered the option by their employer to convert to a full-time or part-time worker if:
- The employee has worked for 12 months as a casual worker at the business.
- The employee has had a regular pattern of work hours with no significant changes within the last 6 months.
Due to these amendments, your Casual Employment Agreement must also reflect these changes.
The Business Kitz Casual Employment Agreement has been drafted to include these amendments. Business Kitz has a Fair Work compliance team to monitor Fair Work legislation changes to ensure that our employment agreements remain up to date. For any changes which occur after you have purchased our documents, we will notify you by email when changes and updates are required.
A Casual Employment Agreement assists you in providing your employees with legally compliant employment documents to prevent unwanted claims. To further streamline processes and workplace culture, take a look at our Code of Conduct Template to assist your employees in knowing what behaviour is expected of them.
- Business Document Templates
- Employment Document Templates
- Business Policies and Procedures Templates
- Template Bundles
- Australian Contract Agreement Templates: Streamlined Legal Documents and Agreements
- Business Forms and Documents
How it works
Search and purchase your legal document template. Every document comes with a full money back guarantee.
Receive your editable word document template instantly to your email address. Complete and follow our easy-to-use instructions.
Money back guarantee
Not satisfied with our legal document templates or believe you made the wrong purchase?
We will provide you with a full money back guarantee.