Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Marketing
    Keymaster

Hi everyone,

Business Kitz here with some common questions we get about our Casual Employment Agreement which you can check out here!

Now onto the questions! 🙂

What’s the deal with casual employment?
    A casual employee is engaged on a casual basis and has no expectation of ongoing work and no guaranteed hours of work.
    Casual employees are entitled to a higher pay rate (per hour) than part-time employees as casual employees do not receive any paid leave (excepting long term casual employees).

What is a casual employment agreement?
    So first of all be sure to check out our blog post on casual employment right here. It goes through all the differences between casual and part-time employment agreements and gives a bit of insight.
    Basically, a casual employment agreement governs the relationship when hiring a casual employee. The agreement governs any rules of entitlements, hirings and firings, probation periods and so on.

How do I know if I need a casual employment agreement?
    If you’re wondering if you need a casual employment agreement, the first thing to consider is if you’ll be hiring any casual employees; in that case you definitely need one! However, it also pays to be well prepared for the possibility of hiring casually in the future! It’s also good to consider your business demands, employee capabilities and more. If you’re curious give Business Kitz a call, we’re here to help!

Let us know if you have any questions!

Sara
    Participant

Thanks for the info, very helpful!!

Another question – how can I know whether a casual employment agreement would be best for my business? Appreciate any help 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Your Cart