In the age of social media and technology, content is key to attract the attention of customers and assist in organic growth. Content creators can be hired or contracted to create messages which resonate with future and current clients. Content creators can come in the form of writers, graphic designers, social media professionals, photographers and videographers. Having plenty of high quality content on your website and social media platforms drives a high ranking on search engines which can in turn bring traffic to your website to sell your products and services.
Key points to remember
- An in-house content creator can be hired, or the business can engage with various social media personalities and writers as contractors.
- You should ensure that you have the correct agreements in place if you are engaging with independent social media influencers or through agencies.
- Having high-quality content is essential in improving search engine optimisation and ranking.
What is a content creator?
A content creator is a person who essentially creates content to target a specific audience in a method which is appealing and informative for viewers. The content which is created can be entertaining or educational through a range of media channels providing a personal experience.
Examples of content
Content examples are endless and can take many forms including, but not limited to:
- Social media posts (whether it be Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, Twitter etc)
- Blogs (for informative purposes)
- Electronic direct mail
- Landing pages
- Instagram stories
- Instructional videos
- Networking forums
These forms of content can be extremely useful for a business to prosper professionally and foster new client relationships. When used successfully, content has the ability to drive sales, increase engagement and provide access to new customers.
Why should I engage with a content creator?
First impressions in the online environment are crucial as content often connects the business to its targeted audience. In these circumstances, an online user has the potential to become attracted and can then visit your business website, hopefully converting an inquisitive visitor into a loyal client. A content creator has the expertise to provide experiences that encourage conversion. Generally, content of an elevated standard can connect with potential clients to showcase the core of a brand, increase site traffic through keyword matches on organic search and increase brand loyalty.
Tips to look out for when engaging with a content creator
Engagement with a content creator can become tricky as any external engagement can be. Accordingly, the process should be treated with high importance and care. The need for a high standard of content for a successful business has been outlined, the next step is to consider the below..
- Know your needs in terms of practical and technical skills – this will ensure there is no overlap between employees and content creators brought in from outside your business. The creator will have a clear understanding of your needs.
- Browse through portfolios and various feeds – many creator’s will provide business owners with their portfolios. These are important to take into account to provide a feel for each creator’s work and allow you to decide whether the content will fit with your business.
- Consider their creative background and skills – this allows you to be sure that your creators have adequate experience and knowledge. Choosing a creator who has experience in the targeted industry is essential.
- Know the tools and technology utilised by them – ensure these are programs or outlets you are familiar with and wish to use for your own content.
- Have a budget in mind – it is always important to be aware of your costings to ensure you adequately capitalise your marketing expenditure.
- Utilise feedback and trust efficiently – this point is important to ensure continual productive and positive engagement.
- See who their content has been used by – read reviews and research companies who have utilised the professional creator previously where possible. This can provide an insight into how successful their content can be.
- Consistency – content should be posted steadily and cannot be posted on a once-off basis to achieve the desired results. An application which is consistent can improve the trust of your clients and strengthen your reputation.
Content Creator Kit
Business Kitz provides a document kit known as a ‘Content Creator Kit’ which covers off on the above topics. This kit is beneficial for most businesses to support a relationship between a content creator as it includes 1) Content Creator Services Agreement Template, 2) Moral Rights Consent Form Template, 3) Moral Rights Consent User Guide and 4) Intellectual Property License Template.
How can we help?
To reduce the strain of everyday processes and legal compliance, it will be beneficial to purchase templates of legal documents to use in your business. Click here to view our Content Creator Kit which will free up time to foster better relationships with your company and content creators. Contact us at email@example.com or by calling 1300 988 954 for further support with your business needs. Contact our sister company Legal Kitz for a free 30 minute consultation.